Service Center Manager
What does a Service Center Manager do?
The Service Center Manager has full responsibility for the store operations, hiring, firing, scheduling, inventory and employee development while ensuring the financial goals are met or exceeded. All Service Center Managers are expected to be “Player Coaches” by continuing to perform all the duties in a store while leading the team as a manager.
What does it take to be a Service Center Manager?
You need to be able to:
- Have directly managed people in the past
- Identify the right talent to be a part of your team
- Develop employees for certification and promotion
- Get your hands dirty, work hard and lead by example
- Work in varying temperature conditions
- Lift up to 50 lbs
- Have full body mobility
- Work on your feet for extended periods of time
- Enjoy face-to-face interaction with the public
- Master products, services and company knowledge
- Seek growth and challenge
You need to know:
How to develop and manage a strong team to ensure business objectives are met or exceeded on a continuous basis.
VIOC strives to promote from within for our Service Center Manager position. In most cases, high potential Assistant Service Center Managers are directly entered into the Management Training Program, which consists of structured store activities, eLearning, and extensive classroom training.