Serpentine Belt Replacement Service
Your engine’s serpentine belt is like the chain on a bicycle—without it your engine won’t work. Our SuperProTM Certified Technicians can usually replace your serpentine belt in just a few minutes and get you back on the road fast.
Replacing your serpentine belt based on your manufacturer's recommended schedule is important because this belt:
- Powers your vehicle’s alternator, power steering, water pump and air conditioning
- Dries out over time and can start to crack
- Could leave you stranded if it suddenly breaks, which could cause costly damage to other engine parts
As part of the complete maintenance check you receive with every full-service oil change, the experts at your local Valvoline Instant Oil Change service center will visually inspect your vehicle’s serpentine belt.
Replace your serpentine belt if there are:
- More than three cracks per inch in the ribbed section of the belt
- Cracks that penetrate more than halfway through the thickness of the belt
Stop by one of our 850 convenient locations and we’ll check it for free.
100 YEARS UNDER THE HOOD™
NextGen by Valvoline is a breakthrough formula because it’s made with 50% re-refined oil, and re-refining oil conserves limited natural resources.